Calls for proposals
A first call for proposals was launched in early 2019 as part of the program. The general objective of the call is to promote the economic and social development of the ACP countries through the emergence of the audiovisual sector, vector of democratization and human development. The call has an overall budget of € 6 million.
The specific objectives of the call for proposals are:
- Improvement of the conditions for the creation and production of audiovisual works in ACP countries, through better access to existing co-production funds and their opening towards co-production from these countries;
- Better preparation of ACP audiovisual sector stakeholders, notably through capacity building and monitoring of funded projects;
- Increased access and circulation of these works to national, regional and international markets through ACP-EU co-production.
- Increased and regular access to financing mechanisms for ACP productions.
- The support will make it possible to finance audiovisual co-productions in addition to co-financing from existing European, ACP or other partner countries specializing in supporting the audiovisual sector.
- Financial support to third parties will be provided through existing mechanisms specializing in supporting the audiovisual sector.